What is included in the Circulation Element Update process?
During this process, the City will be:
- Reviewing existing transportation conditions and policies;
- Developing updated transportation goals, policies, and programs;
- Preparing the City’s planned transportation network maps;
- Developing strategies to manage transportation demand and congestion;
- Updating the City’s transportation study guidelines;
- Preparing draft and final Circulation Element updates; and
- Conducting public outreach (including community workshops and an online survey)
What travel modes will the Circulation Element Update include?
The City’s Circulation Element will include policies, programs, actions, and priority transportation networks to support the safe and efficient movement of people driving, walking, biking, and taking transit in Anaheim.
How can I participate?
The City will host workshops throughout the Circulation Element Update process to get your input. Please click on the “How to Get Involved” tab for ways you can participate.
You can click here to sign up for project notifications and updates.
What is the schedule for updating the Circulation Element?
The Circulation Element Update is anticipated to continue until the summer of 2022. The tentative schedule is outlined below:
- Developing draft transportation goals and policies: December/January 2021;
- Conducting a first visioning workshop and online survey: February 2022;
- Updating the City’s planned transportation network maps: February 2022;
- Conducting a second recommendations feedback workshop: April 2022;
- Conducting a second online survey: May 2022;
- Preparing updated transportation study guidelines: May 2022;
- Preparing a draft Circulation Element Update: June 2022;
- Preparing a final Circulation Element Update: August 2022; and
- Anticipated City Council approval: September 2022