Anaheim, along with neighboring water agencies, has prepared for this year’s statewide dry conditions through sound water management and planning as well as major sustainability investments in projects like the Groundwater Replenishment Project, which allows the region to recycle as a drought-proof supply.
To remain resilient, we must continue to plan for future drought-related impacts by modernizing water systems and investing in innovative and sustainable projects. Anaheim Public Utilities recognizes we are part of one State with interconnected water supplies and we must be part of the solution for the current statewide dry conditions. We must minimize wasteful water use, including:
- Washing driveways and sidewalks with water
- Using water that runs into the street or gutter
- Use of a hose without a shutoff nozzle
- Irrigation within 48-hours of a rain event
- Refilling water fountains with potable water
- Irrigation of landscapes is permitted three days a week, see the schedule for your allowed watering days