More than 1,000 Anaheim residents and others will get free healthcare and help becoming citizens at the 12th annual Anaheim Health Fair & Citizenship Clinic this weekend at the Anaheim Convention Center.
For many without health insurance or regular access to care, the annual health fair is their only chance for yearly health screening and treatment, including annual eye and dental exams for kids and women’s health services.
More than 150 doctors and volunteers will be on hand providing free medical, dental and eye services on Saturday, Sept. 29, and Sunday, Sept. 30.
- Dental extractions, root canals, fillings, cleaning
- Eye exams, eyeglasses fittings
- Specialist consultations
- Flu shots
- Physicals, hearing tests, heart disease screening
- Chiropractic, acupuncture
- Bone density assessment
- Diabetes, cholesterol, hemoglobin testing
- Mammograms, pap smears
The citizenship clinic, now in its second year, offers help starting the process or getting over obstacles in becoming a U.S. citizen.
More than 100 immigration lawyers and other volunteers will provide free help applying for citizenship and preparing for the exam.
The Citizenship Clinic is held only on Saturday, Sept. 29.
- N-400 citizenship application help
- Naturalization legal advice
- Citizenship courses
- Citizenship educational materials
- Immigration fee waiver for low-income
Entry, parking and services at the Health Fair and Citizen Clinic are free. The event is designed to give back to those in need in Anaheim but also is open to everyone.
Anaheim Health Fair and Citizenship Clinic
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 29
- Sunday, Sept. 30
- Citizenship clinic Saturday only
Where: Anaheim Convention Center, Hall E, 800 W. Katella Ave.
Parking: free, lot off West Street
- City of Anaheim
- Buena Park-based Anekant Community Center
- Anaheim-based GBS Linens Inc.
- Office of U.S. Rep. Lou Correa
- Orange-based Lestonnac Free Clinic
- Garden Grove-based Orange County Communities Organized for Responsible Development, or OCCORD
- Santa Ana-based Masimo Foundation for Ethics, Innovation & Competition in Healthcare