Anaheim, Calif. – The Anaheim Police Department received a $91,875 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) to educate parents and caregivers in underserved communities on how to properly install and use child safety seats.
“The Anaheim Police Department Traffic Section has placed Child Passenger Safety as one of its top priorities. This grant will assist us in continuing to provide the highest level of service to our community,” said APD Chief Jorge Cisneros.
Funds will be used for a variety of community outreach events, education classes, distribution of child safety seats, and training on the installation and use of child safety seats.
The car seat safety program includes:
- One-on-one appointments to inspect car seats.
- Child safety seat education classes for parents and caregivers.
- Child safety seats at no cost to low income families following education classes.
- Child Passenger Safety Techni cian (CPST) training, CPST certification courses.
- Work with community partners to promote child passenger safety education.
The program runs through September 2023.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.